Thursday, December 1, 2011

On Top Of The Tipolo Tree

Since the laptop got busted, I can't find the time to blog. I have drafts of blogs all unfinished ones and this is among those I've been wanting to publish. This topic came across when my family has to finally decide whether or not to invest real property in Antipolo or anywhere else.

This is about Antipolo City.

This is the most populated city in Luzon outside Metro Manila. It is about 25km east of the metropolis. At first glance you could say that it is very promising and the progress is obviously fast. The City government has been receiving awards recognizing its good achievements.

I have no right to complain or give any negative comment about the way the City Development is doing their job. It is a common trait of some Filipinos to always have something to say, whether or not it is constructive. When there is change or nothing happening, people will always have something to grumble about. I can still remember the Hinulugang Taktak falls that was neglected for a long time, it earned a lot of criticisms because it was supposed to be the town's only tourist spot. At present time, there are a lot of things the RizaleƱos should be thankful for. But are they really?

I believe they should be. There are some confusions a potential investor can have though. I would like to share with you some observations (and questions) from a former resident of Upper Antipolo:

  1. The old theatre was turned into a supermarket. Since then, there has been no theatre house in the whole of upper Antipolo. If you want to go to a cinema, you have to travel down to SM Taytay or SM Masinag in Lower Antipolo. This should be not much of an inconvenience, but I cannot understand...
  2. New supermarkets have sprouted from anywhere after Superpalengke's Budgetlane and UltraMega. There is Shopwise, Unimart, Ever Supermarket, Super 8, and Puregold Jr. Words are fast spreading that the Lores Market will soon be turned into SM's SaveMore and that Robinson's Supermarket is also coming.
  3. A big screen addict like my husband would slice a bigger portion of the budget and a politically fool like me will soon be grumbling, "Just what exactly is the ratio of the number of hypermarts by the number of cinemas in a certain area/zone?" It is also very confusing as to which groocery you will apply membership for the rewards card. You will be collecting more than 5 pointcards and so many different colors of reusable bags and realize in the end that you did not save a lot because you scattered all your buying points.
  4. I was on my way from Santolan LRT 2 Station going to Sumulong when I saw a man board a jeepney. His paperbag full of stuff he shopped from Sta. Lucia mall ripped and all of the items scattered from the road to inside the PUV. I can see the bottle of ketchup rolling under the FX. Poor guy, if only I can reach, I will help him. You can feel the inconvenience and humiliation if you are also a commuter. I often shop from Budgetlane and carry the paperbag on my way home across the street. Not everybody will carry a reusable bag with them and not all people will plan their shopping. Each paperbag can only carry a limited weight, and... there are recyclable plastic bags! Life could have been easier if the ordinance was implemented slowly like allowing thinner plastic for the meat and veggies so you dont need to always open the paper just to see what's inside.
  5. The zoning

(to be continued...)


















No comments: