Thursday, July 22, 2010

How Malaysia Changed My Life

Malaysia taught me the best-learnt lesson of my life, that is, finding my true self. It changed my mindset, my heart, my soul...all of me. I left Malaysia the second time yesterday in complete overhaul and body wash. I can feel it now. This is not the old me. It doesn't feel so much like Tina Sy anymore. Who am I now? OMG, I can feel my father and brother inside me mixed up. No, not confusion... Strength. Mental, Emotional, and Inner strength.

Why, what happened?

Before I went to Singapore and Indonesia, I used to be scared of Malaysia. I thought the people hate Christians like me...nonsense stories I was made to believe by ignorant people when I was a child. I never thought Malaysia could be so full of treasures. Yes, treasures, mostly priceless gems...the treasures of knowledge and wisdom. I wonder if Raffles thought of his idea when he was in Malaysia forty years ago...
When I first stepped in Johor Bahru, I was a foolish girl trying to fit into the world of the Filipino workers. Spending big amounts of money just to try their luck for a job or business opportunities abroad. I enjoyed my stay so I didn't notice the time and talent I have wasted along the way. I had the tragedy in Causeway to teach me that I must not do all the things they do. Simply because it is not for me. Stupid me, how could I have not realized that before? I am not born a worker. I do not belong there. I made myself suffer all my life serving people just to earn cents. When I can make people serve me while I earn dollars.

I learned, you can earn Singapore dollars even without coming to Singapore. Malaysia taught me that Chinese is not only in China. It is in the heart of all Chinese people in every country. Malaysia taught me that one can start big business that is not labor and capital-intensive. I learned in Malaysia why Buddhism became
important to me, and why Nichiren had to reach my mind when I was in Singapore thinking of how I could acquire my dream phone Sony Ericsson Xperia Android. I felt ashamed of being shallow. In Malaysia, Especially at the time I was in JB and Sabah, I discovered a new me. A new path. A new hope.

I realized I have been doing the wrong thing because I have
been believing the wrong beliefs. To think that I felt humiliated and imagined people were laughing at me when I came back Manila. I was a mess, I thought for a while. But all the things I brought from JB, I confirmed when I met a new associate in Kuala Lumpur. The new project prompted me to post a bulletin in Tagged. That bulletin paved the way to another business opportunity- the perfect business for me. Look at me now: the idiot who tried to fit herself to any position, cut on her resume a total of two pages, and did almost desperate things just to be like others...employees--- is now the one giving jobs to people---of any nationality.
I admire Malaysians, especially the Chinese Malays, those who are generous in sharing lessons, tips and tricks. My Singaporean boyfriend is Eurasian. But his last name is Malay, I thought I will marry a Malay and bear Malaysian name for me and my future children. Oops, I was wrong
again. This is one of the changes that happened to me. I do not follow emotions now. I have learned to listen. And so no matter how painful it is to leave him, I just bear the pain and decided to commit to my business partner. Why? Because it has to be him.

In Kota Kinabalu airport, I was too excited to call my Chrisalex. But, hey, my calls won't get through. OMG, I did not save his new number! I forgot he lost his handphone last week. Oh no! I cant go online. I tried to connect from the hotel room but i had too many work to do. Arrg! What the heck. I really miss him, but how come he is not calling me? Everyone knows my Malaysia number. He knows, all my cyberfriends and boyfriends know my number. He knows I am here. Hu hu hu...he doesn't love me, he doesn't miss me at all! I stared at my food with my usual curled eyebrows. Need to stop tantrums now. Instead of thinking that Chris has girls, I came to realize, it was fate. Fate did not allow me to call him because I had to see Hubert. Hubert is my soulmate.

How do you know?

I know lah. I just thought I don't like him before. While he is lecturing Laila, I stared at Hubert. His nice skin, face and, good stature. 5'8" is tall enough for a man. Hubert has given up on me. he has accepted I am so madly, deeply inloved with Chris and so he doesnt lecture me anymore. He used to explain to me what is good for me but I won't listen. I checked on my list and Hubert scored 20/22. The highest so far. He is single and I am single. These are the things that Chris fears the most. I promised Chris to save myself, but no. I must correct this. This is wrong. Oh Hubert hadnt I seen and analyze you closely in Kuching, I wouldn't know...you are right. you are right all along. What did Hubert tell me? No need to say here lah. We both are publishing our diaries. just wait for them.

I need to go Singapore and explain to Chris and all my pending
commitments (sorry :( ), that I need to settle down now. I found the one for me. He was right here all along. Do you know what made us believe so? I bring him luck. Yeah right I know it is unbelieveable, but it is true. I brought him luck and vice-versa. R will be shocked to know- because he told me that I brought him misfortune, and that he is better off without me. Honestly, I almost believe that.

The luck is continuously coming. To Hubert, to me, to the business, to our lifestyle. Next
businesses in line will be Travel Agency, Insurance Agency, Training Centers, hostel/inns,
forex...we have scheduled all payables and he is now saving for the wedding. Everything was born in Malaysia. I hope this is the last. I don't wanna be engaged again and then backout again. The feelings and the meeting of the minds are getting stronger everyday, opening up new horizons...

Could this be love? Well, I think it's much much more than that.

It's the perfect person at the right time,
at the RIGHT PLACE.

(Yahooo! I need to buy a helmet!)

No comments: